Search This Blog

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Beer Brewing Computer



  1.       This is a project I have been working on for the past couple of months. I needed a way to keep my beer boiling at a certain temperature for an extended period of time. What better then to use a computer to do that for me, so I don't have to physically throttle the propane burner. This brew computer is raspberry pi controller and uses multiple ds18b20 1-wire temperature sensors to monitor the beer temperature. Then using the RPI GPIO I can toggle a mosfet to control a solenoid valve on the gas line.

    Prototype

    Laser cut front panel to identify the potentiometers. I wanted some physical interface to set the temperature. 

    Custom graphical interface which is done in python. These python scripts are ran on boot up, so no need for an X server.
Loading

No comments:

Post a Comment