Search This Blog

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Smart coffee table

I couldn't find any pictures of the before, but here is the outcome from restoring/updating my old ugly coffee table. It used to be all one color, a light brown stain. With the help from the girlfriend, we sanded the whole thing, then I painted the legs white and the stained the top with the leftover stain from the farmhouse table project.

Of course there had to be more to the project than that... I added a power strip, wireless phone charger, and some RGB lights under it. You may ask why does a coffee table need lights. It doesn't. But I recently discovered the blynk IOT app and I was looking for an excuse to control RGB led strip from my phone AND I already had power going to the table. For the power controller I used a nodeMcu that I bought off ebay for 2$ and some mosfets I had laying around. If I were to do it again I would just buy the RGB controller, lot of work for this useless feature(well its cool?)

Final product!

Built in outlet

NodeMcu and mosfet board

LED strip and all wiring

No comments:

Post a Comment