Search This Blog

Friday, July 24, 2020

Brew Computer Software Update


A while back I had re-written the homebrew computer python code. It was around the time I was working on the water level sensor for the brew setup. While updating the python code I had added a few new features:
  • Added support for 2nd serial/usb connection. One for the arduino handling the buttons and switched under the monitor, the other for the new water level sensor.
  • Added Blynk support so I can remotely monitor the brew process using the Blynk app.
  • Added PID algorithm to better maintain wort temperature
  • Updated the GUI, depicted below

I have now brewed twice with this new setup, so fine tuning is still left to do, but it feel way better to brew with. I have also now made the code available at: https://github.com/kbittle/BrewComputer

No comments:

Post a Comment