Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Smoker Fan Controller V2

The first version of the board worked well for what it is. Problem is I didn't have enough Max6675s. And I really wanted WiFi on this project. So here's rev 2, changes include:
- swapped all the power components to SMD and had jlcpcb assemble them.
- changed thermocouple connectors to audio jack connectors
- added debug let's
- added connector for esp01, power controlled by a fet

First pic is the pcb i received from jlcpcb. Second pic is fully assembled. For the most part the pcb worked great, only 2 issues. One was that the led's were placed backwards and need to be fixed by hand. Second is that I chose the wrong fet to power the esp01, luckily I had some other parts in the same footprint that worked.

Now that I had wifi on the board. I was able to update the code to monitor the meat smoking remotely. I used the Blynk app/framework to do this, which is honestly a way better visual than the LCD.

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear,

    Thank you for this wonderful post. It is very informative and useful. I would like to share something here too. Intech Network is a group of independent trading companies, headed by Intech Automazione, international multibrand distributor of products and components for the industry with over thirty years of experience

    Thermocouple connectors

    ReplyDelete